Could Parenting Be Right For Me?
The idea of parenting may seem overwhelming, and it is a big decision. But successful parenting isn’t impossible. It just requires help and a lot of patience.
At True Care Women’s Resource Center, we want to offer you the confidence and assistance you need to consider parenting as an option.
Some Fears and Concerns You May Have
Parenthood requires persistence. You need to recognize the challenges up front and be willing to achieve them.
These fears and concerns are valid:
- Feeling too young or too old to parent
- You want to keep the baby, but your partner or parent(s) aren’t supportive
- You’re still in school
- You aren’t sure how you could financially support a child
- You don’t have the proper emotional support system
During your appointment with us, we’ll discuss your concerns and come up with solutions together.
First Things First
When you come for your first appointment, we’ll confirm your pregnancy with no-cost pregnancy testing. We will schedule you for a no-cost ultrasound if your test is positive.
Then, you’ll sit down with one of our trained patient advocates to discuss your specific situation. Your advocate will put together a personalized list of resources based on your needs.
At True Care, we can connect you with many community resources to get you the extra assistance you need to thrive and succeed.
These resources include:
- Medical insurance
- We can help you determine if you qualify for Medicaid. If you do, we can help with the entire insurance application process. We can also assist you in finding coverage if you don’t qualify for Medicaid.
- Referrals to doctors and clinics
- Parenting classes for moms and dads, including information on labor and delivery, breastfeeding, and infant care
- Your safety/security
- We can connect you with an advocate and other support services
- Food and nutrition
- Emergency financial assistance
- Substance abuse treatment
- Tobacco cessation
- After-Delivery resources
- Mental health resources
All the community resources offered through True Care Women’s Resource Center are to support you in your journey with materials and services you may not be able to find anywhere else.
Schedule an appointment with our center today to get your personalized list of resources from a staff member who truly cares about your well-being.