You may have so much on your mind when experiencing an unplanned pregnancy. Get your questions answered today and take your next step with confidence. You’re not alone!
How do I Know I’m Pregnant?
At-home pregnancy tests are very accurate, but there’s still a slight chance for inaccuracy. To confirm your at-home pregnancy test, verify your results with our lab-quality pregnancy tests.
Do I Need an Ultrasound?
An ultrasound is your next step to pregnancy confirmation. Confirm vital pregnancy details and what options you qualify for. An ultrasound reveals…
- How far along you are in your pregnancy (gestational age)
- Ensure you’re not experiencing a potentially life-threatening ectopic pregnancy (Necessary to know before an abortion)
- Rule out a miscarriage, which occurs in about 10 to 20% of known pregnancies
Following a positive pregnancy test result at True Care, we’ll offer you a no-cost ultrasound appointment to medically confirm your pregnancy.
How Much Does An Appointment Cost?
At True Care, we offer our judgment-free services at no cost to women who are or think they might be pregnant. Talk to us today to learn more.
When Should I Take a Pregnancy Test?
The best time to take a pregnancy test is at least one week after your missed period. This allows your body to produce a detectable amount of HCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin) – a pregnancy hormone. If you take a test earlier or before your missed period, there is a higher chance for a false negative result.
What are the Risks of Abortion?
With abortion comes serious risks. The Mayo Clinic shares the risks of surgical abortion:
- Perforation of the uterus
- Scar tissue on the uterine wall
- Heavy bleeding
- Damage to the cervix
The Mayo Clinic shares the risks of medication abortion:
- Incomplete abortion (which may need to be followed by surgical abortion)
- Digestive system discomfort
- Heavy and prolonged bleeding